Plant Breeding Databases
NCSU Graduate Program
- Agrobase (Agronmix)
- Well-established (1990) commercial database (Windows, Windows server, SQL).
- ICIS (CGIAR)
- ICIS is an Open Community of Practice; it is not a plug and play solution to the crop information problem. All partners in ICIS contribute intellectual capital in designing and testing, and in curating public and private data; some contribute funds to support programmers to improve ICIS.
- Integrated Breeding Platform
- A project of the Generation Challenge Program of the CGIAR system. Involves tool development to improve the operation of plant breeding programs. Uses open standards such as web browsers, R-project software, and Excel spreadsheets (Windows, Linux, Mac, web).
- New commercial database system using standards (web browser, SQL, Apache, R-project, ICIS) to be flexible and expandable.