National Association of Plant Breeders
an initiative of the Plant Breeding Coordinating Committee
Subcommittee - Awards and Nominations
(return to PBCC main page)
- Officers for 2009-2010
- Jodi Scheffler, Chair
- Karen Moldenhauer, Vice chair
- Brooks Blanche, Secretary
- Past award winners
- Nominations for next year's awards
- The National Association of Plant Breeders (NAPB) is pleased to announce its Awards Program. This year (2010) the NAPB is sponsoring two awards that will be presented at our Annual Meeting.
- Early Career Scientist Award - recognizing a successful individual active in the plant breeding field.
- Lifetime Achievement Award - recognizing an individual who has given distinguished long-term service to the plant breeding field in such areas as research, education, outreach and leadership.
- These awards will highlight the achievements of individuals and are not based on the nature or source of employment. The nominee does not have to be a member of the NAPB.
- A description of each award and the procedures for nominating a candidate are included with this announcement and on our website. Annual NAPB Meeting information can also be found at the meeting site http://2010plantbreedingmeeting.eventbrite.com.
- Nominations are currently being accepted and the final deadline is June 30, 2010 (5:00 pm Pacific time). For inquiries or questions please contact the Awards Chair Jodi Scheffler.
- Send your nomination (pdf format) by email to both officers:
- Dr. Jodi Scheffler, USDA-ARS CGRU, 141 Experiment Station Road, Stoneville, MS 38776, 662-686-5219 (Jodi.Scheffler@ars.usda.gov)
- Dr. Karen Moldenhauer, Rice Research & Extension Ctr., PO Box #351, Stuttgart, AR 72160, 870-673-2661 (email@example.com)